FOTRI is always looking for volunteers.
Looking for ways to give back? We would love YOUR HELP in making the Island a more accessible, understandable, and welcoming place for all visitors.
Civilian Conservation Corps clearing brush at Theodore Roosevelt Island
- Working at the Welcome Table during peak hours to assist hand out maps and assist tourists
- Become a trained "Weed Warrier" and help keep the Island clear of invasive species
- Become a trained Island Safari tour guide
- Help spread the word to tourism centers in the DC-area
- Help organize FOTRI events on the Island. Want events for dogwalkers? Kids? Runners? Get involved!